- Shop our Website
- Recent Posts
- Spring Wedding Flowers
- Carefree Bicycle Inspiration Board
- Things We Love - Creative Food Stations
- Turquoise, Tangerine, and Fuchsia
- Glamping Honeymoons
- Wedding Welcome Gift Bag Inspiration
- Helpful Wedding Planning Websites & Apps
- Unveiling Wedding Ceremony Traditions
- Soft Mint and Sparkling Gold Inspiration Board
- Wedding Trend Alert - Braids & Buns
- Blog Categories
- Color Inspiration
- About Us
- Get Social
Wedding Traditions - Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Something Old – Symbolizes the brides past and her family
Something New - Symbolizes the future and the couple’s new life.
Wear a new Piece of jewelry from your future husband or your mother such as earrings or a necklace.
Your wedding dress.
Something Borrowed - An item from a happily married couple so that there good fortune can carry over.
Wear a bracelet that belongs to your grandmother.
Borrow your best friend's purse to keep all of your wedding day essentials handy.
Something Blue - Symbolizes purity. The color blue was the original white.
Wear sapphire jewelry.
Brides have been honoring the tradition of wearing an old, a new, a borrowed and a blue item during their wedding for centuries. Although wearing these items is supposed to symbolize good luck for you in the future, they are also just a fun tradition that gives you an opportunity to express your admiration for a few special people in your life on your special day.