A black and white wedding color scheme is one of the most versatile color themes to put together. You can go glam with damask patterns, sparkle, and pops of pink or create a modern look by choosing elements that are classic and mixing them with clean lines and less ornate pieces. To make a more modern and classic look come to life, here's a table setting to inspire you and all the little details you'll need to pull it off.
The Inspiration - Modern and Elegant Black and White Wedding Reception Table Setting
After creating a base of table linens/runners, choose a centerpiece that's clean and crisp. Different varieties of white flowers will keep your look fresh while still adding visual interest.
1/2. Help guests find their seats with ease with round table numbers that can be seen from a distance. The circular shape will tie in the classic lines of a modern look. Carry this theme from start to finish, by placing the numbers in round table number holders.
3/4/5. Tall pillar candles are a great way to add ambience and warmth to your table settings. Keep your black and white color scheme by setting candles in glass cylinders filled with expanding water beads.
6. Add a subtle ornate decorative element to your each guest place setting by presenting escort cards on filigree favor cards, shown here in black to offset the white cup and saucer sets that sit next to them.
7. The contemporary swirl pattern of these cup and saucer favors pulls in a modern element while still keeping a classy feel. Set the cup and saucers at each plate for guests to enjoy.
8. To create an eye-catching effect, the sparkle of these diamond ring napkin holders adds a Tiffany's feel to your classic palette and will catch the light from every angle (giving guests another accent to ooh and ahh over....). Add the napkin holders to black linen napkins to really make each guest place setting pop.
9/10. Add a hint of whimsy to your tables with adorable black and white bride and groom candy bags. A great way to say thank you to guests, fill the bags with black and white colored candies to carry your color palette one step further. Add matching bride and groom favor tags to complete the look.
11. To match those adorable engagement ring inspired napkin holders, diamond shaped candle holders will add more sparkle....and you can never have enough sparkle.
12. Don't forget the finishing touches. Adorable heart shaped interlocking salt and pepper shakers are a must come dinner time and match your palette.
Too add the final elements to your look, add plates/chargers, glassware to each guest place setting, silverware, and your look will truly be complete. You can even hang a Victorian style chandelier over each table to give your look a Breakfast at Tiffany's feel.