On your big day the last thing you are probably thinking of is what purse to carry with your wedding dress. While you won't want to have anything hanging on you all day (other than the groom of course), it is helpful to have a small purse or clutch to match your gown with some wedding day essentials in it.
First off you need to select a cute clutch or evening bag that will coordinate with your wedding dress. Go with an elegant beaded, white or ivory bag to match your gown or choose a bag with a pop of color that accents your wedding colors and accessories. You obviously won't hold this purse during your ceremony but have it on hand before and bring it along to the reception. Give one of your bridesmaids the job of keeping track of it for you!
- Compact mirror
- Hanky or tissues
- Lipstick or lip gloss
- Small perfume spritzer
- Pocket comb
- Breath mints
- Bobby pins
Choose purse or travel size beauty items to fit in your bag.
Another important bag to have on hand the day of your wedding is a larger tote bag with other emergency items and necessities. These items will be used by you and any of your bridesmaids who might be of need. Keep this bag on hand where you and your bridal party will be getting ready. For this carry-all tote bag, choose a large durable bag with fun personalization (bride-to-be or your name or monogram). These personalized totes are also great gift ideas for all of your bridesmaids.
Here is a list of must-haves to have on hand on the big day. Okay, so it might not all fit in one bag!
- First aid items (Band-Aids)
- Comb, brush, hairpins
- Hair spray
- Medicines for headaches, upset stomach, allergies
- Sewing Kit with needles, thread and safety pins
- Anti-static spray
- Lint roller
- Spot and stain remover
- Eye drops and spare contacts (if the bride or groom wears them)
- Travel iron or steamer for touch ups
- Pen and pad of paper for last minute notes
- Miscellaneous tools for emergency repairs to decorations (scissors, tape, stapler, super glue)
- Nail polish for touch ups, nail file, nail glue
- Make-up kit
- Tooth brush and tooth paste
- Double sided fashion tape
- Extra earring backs
- Green floral tape and boutonniere & corsage pins
- Crochet hook (for brides buttons and an easy way to bustle your dress)
- A light snack and bottle of water
Pack your wedding day purse and tote bag a day or two beforehand. That way you can just grab it and go the day of. Having these items on hand will hopefully quell any big day disasters or mishaps!