A growing number of brides dream of having the most wonderful day of their life during the most wonderful time of the year. A Christmas wedding, how beautiful and festive! A time of year tied with family, friends and togetherness, is the perfect setting for a wedding. While the weather outside is cold, your winter wedding gathering will be warmed by the love of all of your guests. While you may already be thinking about fluttering snow favors and décor, your wedding dress should be another special consideration. A Christmas wedding calls for a particularly special Christmas wedding dress! Take this opportunity to choose a wedding dress that is fit for a winter snow queen (not Mrs. Claus)! Take a look at our picks for the Top 6 Christmas Wedding Gown Styles.
- A Hint of Holiday Color – An overall shade of red and fur may have you looking more like the “jolly one’s” other half than the beautiful bride you should be on your wedding day. So skip the all red dress and instead go for just a hint of holiday color. A beautiful red sash compliments a white wedding gown perfectly and can tie in the entire bridal party’s look, if you are going with red bridesmaid dresses. Consider accenting your sash with a sparkling vintage brooch for an elegant addition. Above dress available at www.wholesale4ever.com.
- Pure Winter White – To echo the snow that is surely falling outside during your Christmas wedding, wear a crisp, pure white wedding gown. There is no better time than the month of December to wear a wintry white wedding gown. Save the ivory and champagne for warmer weather and stick with a beautiful snow white shade. Sparkling jeweled belts and accessories set off a pure white wedding dress wonderfully! Above dress from Angel Rivera.
- Feathered and Jeweled - A Christmas wedding gives the bride the opportunity to go all out with her attire. Consider a feathered masterpiece enhanced with sparkling jewels and embellishments. This style option is for the bride who is not afraid of making a statement. A poufy, feathered ball gown will have the bride looking like a beautiful winter snow queen. Above dress by Dennis Basso.
- Radiantly Ruffled – Wear an extravagant ruffled gown that resembles rolling snow drifts. The bigger the better with the ruffles. Balance out this look with a more fitted bodice, consider a fit and flare style. Whether you sport just a few ruffles or a whole dress full of them, there is something so bridal about ruffles and something that makes them so appropriate for your Christmas wedding. Above dress by Sottero & Midgley.
- A Warm Wrap – This style is a no brainer for any Christmas or winter wedding. A beautiful fur (or faux) wrap will keep the bride warm and looking fabulous! It is hard to think of a look richer than this. Your wrap should match the shade of your wedding gown so it doesn't clash. The bride can take this extra piece of for the ceremony, but she will surely wear it whenever stepping out into the wintry weather. Talk about a beautiful look for outdoor photos as well! Above wrap available at David’s Bridal.
- Slightly Sleeved – A Christmas wedding is the perfect opportunity to sport a wedding dress with a little more on top… okay we’re talking sleeves guys! Not only will the extra fabric keep you warmer in the bitter weather, it will have you looking as classic as can be. When choosing a gown with sleeves, think of sheer and lace detailing. A solid or heavy fabric for the sleeves can lead towards a somewhat dated look. If you fall in love with a dress that doesn't have sleeves originally, don’t worry, nearly any dress can have them added! Above gown by Romona Keveza.
So for your Christmas wedding, deck yourself out in all that is white, poufy and pretty. Add little touches of holiday color and don’t forget about the sparkle! Stay warm and stay beautiful!
Sparkling bridal accessories, perfect for the holidays and other Christmas Wedding favors and supplies are available at MyWeddingReceptionIdeas.com.